Monday 11 November 2013

Talking helps!

Monday 11th November 2013


Lest we forget



An update on my phone conversation with +Paula Nottingham ...

It was really useful talking through each of the requirements needed for module 3 and to understand where I am up to with each and where I can improve and develop in certain areas.
I won't go into the nitty gritty of my own work but I really liked how Paula stated than within an inquiry one "can change their view if they want". This is really key to me adding the word 'can' (as previously discussed) into my inquiry title. I am now able to look beyond, explore a variety of ideas and not be afraid of debating, discussing and questioning more than one opinion. There will not be a right or wrong answer to my chosen question/title.. it's path is changing at all times.

Having had a much needed in depth discussion, I have come to the realisation that I must keep the sections to my inquiry separate when it comes to creating the final questionnaire. Through research and studying, I have discovered that students are affected mainly by adolescence, experience of training and their teachers. I should like to keep similarly related questions together so that I gain the answers and feedback I am looking for. Having a mix or unclear lay out may put participants off. Having sub questions to my main inquiry title will allow further in depth research and gives me the opportunity to have a controlled 'branching out' to reach other related topics.

I am also aware of the order in which I have my multiple choice answers, I mustn't have my own opinion/personally chosen answer at the top each time etc. I should like to make it fair - linking back to my ethical values, I do not want biased responses, especially being created on my behalf. I want every participant to be valued and every response considered and used to enable a equal inquiry.

I now also have other ideas on a few more questions to ask and how to word them along with the structure of all aspects to my inquiry. As I said before, I highly recommend an oral discussion with tutors! - trust me, it helps!!

2 comments:

  1. I concur wholeheartedly with your last comment!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I'm glad things seem to be a lot clearer for you. You've made me think it's about time I had another discussion with Paula-after my first interview it really helped so I'm sure it would now I've finished them all!

    ReplyDelete