Friday 8 November 2013

Oral discussion...

Friday 8th November 2013

I will blog properly over the weekend but just thought I'd update you all that I (finally!!) managed to have a phone call with Paula regarding my inquiry.. if you haven't done it already with your adviser, I strongly recommend it. Extremely useful, informative and it most definitely helped to fill in the gaps and set me on the correct path to go on forward.

If I'm honest I was feeling a little lost, I knew where I was and where I wanted to be but wasn't quite sure how I was going to get there. Having a good talk with Paula has enabled me to understand where I want to go next, what needs improvement and I now have a much clearer road ahead.

Let's keep talking BAPP students! I'm finding it really useful comparing ideas etc and reading everyone's blogs.. it's part of our criteria so without sounding bossy.... KEEP IT GOING :)

Watch this space for my new ideas and inquiry progress from my conversation with Paula.

1 comment:

  1. It's not great when you know where you are and where you want to be but can't quite see how to get there, is it. I've definitely found talking to be the most effective way to 'join the dots,' as it were - I'm not saying I've got the whole picture yet but it's beginning to take shape now.
    Another thing I've found really helpful is to keep changing up what I'm doing rather than focus on one aspect solidly, particularly if it's proving challenging. Something about stepping back and refocusing on something entirely different allows those 'little grey cells' (Poirot in Agatha Christie's novels) space to work. Do you think that's how all critical thinking works? I do!

    I'm glad you're on a more concrete path and look forward to reading your next blog.

    And remember, if you see me on Skype I'm always happy to chat :)

    ReplyDelete