Tuesday 16 April 2013

Surveys

Tuesday 16th April 2013

I can't believe it is already half way through April. A quick blog post before I head off to work!

Having already created and tested a survey, it is a tool that I shall definitely use again to help my line of inquiry. It is similar to an interview as I am able to choose the questions, how they are answered and it can be taken by whoever I feel necessary. 

It is a faster process than an interview and it is ideal having all results come together so that I can see the varied responses and compare what the individuals have to say. As wanted for a pilot interview, the answers on surveys remain anonymous so I have already seen that those participating have been extremely honest and in some cases, very detailed - exactly what I am after.

It is possible to send a survey out to as many people as possible and is less time consuming than sitting down with each individual to interview them. They can complete it at their own pace and do not have to answer should they not wish to.

The one downside to not asking the questions on a face-to-face basis means I am unable to see the reactions to questions or the expressions and body language used when answering. I think that if a participant was not saying as much as they could, their mannerisms etc may give more away about how they are truthfully feeling.

I shall plan another survey at a later date to explore more, and, like my pilot interviews, I should like to create one for the dance teachers also.

No comments:

Post a Comment