Thursday 10 October 2013

Campus session catch up

Thursday 10th October 2013

Having read up on Clare and Mimi's blogs on the most recent campus session, I have decided to try my own attempt at a concept drawing. This is what I came up with...




The start (as you can see) is a jumbled mess of ideas. All as one but with no direction or anywhere to go. The arrows represent certain ideas being produced and moved forward - with occasional ones going backwards, possibilities that are perhaps chosen to not be explored further. These arrows then come to a point of more structure, not quite perfect but a simpler, diluted version of the original mass of ideas. Fewer, more specific thoughts come from this, some thoughts stronger (longer arrow), than others. The final ideas then come to an all rounded, smooth final plan or solution - the end result. Currently I feel as though I am at the structured point on the arrows journey towards the circle. I have my ideas in place and my end aim... I just need to work at it and get there!

I should be interested if this is the correct way of producing a concept drawing and whether any other BAPP students are able to relate to it.

2 comments:

  1. great - I need to put the other concept drawings up!
    Bw
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to see others and compare them!
      Thanks Paula

      Delete