Thursday 7 February 2013

Module WBS 3630. 3..2..1..go!

Thursday 7th February 2013

I have been in my new job down in Brighton for a month now.. time has flown by and I have been extremely busy but having an excellent time here. I have the day off today (and it has come at a good time.. I'm tired and it gives me a chance to get cracking on the start of module 2). 





I had long train rides last week from Brighton to Manchester and back - all in 24hours may I add, so it gave me the opportunity to read through the module introduction and course reader 4. I am keen to get this module underway and back into the swing of things.. it should be an interesting and exciting one which will help us all to realise exactly what we want to do and which path we would like to take within our professional practice.

My new job, although it be a 'General Adviser' in a bank, is enabling me to help others, do what is right for the customers I serve and it is the idea of this that still excites me and makes me want to become a therapist. Looking through the learning outcomes that we will have covered and developed, 'Cognitive Skills' (CS) stands out to me. Through previous reading on therapy and counselling, I learnt about cognitive behavioural therapy and the ideas behind dealing with anxiety, moods and other disorders. It was a fascinating subject to me and intriguing to see how many links you see between the stories you read and your own personal life. Small issues that seem so much bigger to you but when pulled apart and examined, there is a positive and productive way to deal with them and to help prevent future occurrences. I look forward to developing this skill and more...


Rather than continue on to my initial ideas on course reader 4 in this blog entry, I'll start another one so that I can be organised and keep different thoughts together!

No comments:

Post a Comment