Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow and sea..

Sunday 20th January 2013

It's been a while..! After Christmas it was all go go go for me with moving down to Brighton, starting a new job and then moving into a new flat. I seem to have done so much the past 2 weeks it has flown by. I've seen sun, rain, snow, sleet etc, met lots of new people, moved into an excellent flat and so far, I am loving Brighton and Hove!

I went to visit the Royal Pavilion in the snow today.. it looked beautiful outside. It was free entry (normally costs quite a bit) to see the inside. Wow. So unusual yet fascinating. Chandeliers that weigh a ton along side dragon decorations, endless paintings and the most lavish interiors to all rooms. I wish photography was allowed inside! This was my view out of the tea room window...



Hope everyone is well and ready to crack on with module 2.. I'm unsure of the exact dates for this module. Deadlines, when term officially starts etc. Any info, send it my way! I've been looking over the start of the reader and already the idea of studying 'cognitive skills' (CS) is exciting me as I feel it will work well with my thoughts behind the psychology and mind sets of dancers - excellent for wanting to be a therapist!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I only deleted my comment as I noticed that I had missed out a vital word! I have re-posted it again below. S

      Delete
  2. Hi Emily,
    I'm so pleased to hear that you've settled in well and are loving both your new flat and the snowy beauty of Brighton. I'm very jealous that you've seen the inside of the Pavillion, I tried to get in during the White Nights Festival last year but the queues were so long we didn't think we'd get in before it closed :(

    I've been looking at Reader 4 and some of the suggested texts, as I'm away for two weeks right at the start of the new term (which I think it is the 10th Feb) so I'm trying to get a little bit ahead of things. I've particularly enjoyed Researching Dance: Evolving Modes of Inquiry by Penelope Hanstein (1999). It's full of really useful and helpful chapters about writing proposals, and styles of research but coming from a dance perspective, which I felt made it more accessible to me.
    I look forward to more debate and discussion this term...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, I'm looking forward to starting the new module. I haven't read ahead yet as I don't want to test fate with the outcome of our submissions!!!! I will be in the middle of rehearsals when we start so getting ahead would be a better plan than my superstitious one! Glad to see you have setteled into your new surroundings, I absolutely love Brighton.
    Mimi X

    ReplyDelete