Wednesday 28 November 2012

Water, water, everywhere...

Wednesday 28th November 2012

Haven't blogged for just over a week - unlike me! I've been busy finally sorting myself out and observing the floods. I now have a job working down in Brighton starting in the new year so I am extremely happy and excited to be moving there! I hope that living somewhere new will help give a positive outlook on life and enable me to see things differently. Moving to a new area brings new people, new opportunities and a new lifestyle.. bring on 2013!

I am cracking on with making notes etc ready to start writing my critical reflection for module 1. There is a lot to fit in (excluding the appendices) so I need to think carefully about what I want to say and how I go about saying it. I am keen to get it done before Christmas so that I have the time to enjoy some family time before moving down South. It will also be one less thing on my mind alongside my new life and finding a flat...! 

Thanks again to everyone that has been commenting on my blogs so far, you are all so kind and give such positive, helpful feedback - I must be doing something right somewhere! Hope all the BAPP group have enjoyed module 1 as much as I have and have found the reading, research and reflecting interesting too.

I also hope that everyone is surviving the floods ok. Where I live, it's a flood prone area, so my usual morning walk route (which I have mentioned before) has now become a lake and is unrecognisable. Walking along the back roads isn't quite so enjoyable but it still gets me out and about. Hopefully things will begin to get back to normal soon. I'll add a photograph from the Hereford and Worcester Facebook page that shows where I am. 
Where the main section of water is in the middle (with the white line running down through the right hand side), that is the racecourse - yes it should be a racecourse, where I walk every day!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    Congratulations on the new job - I hope Brighton brings happiness and success, I'm sure it will.
    I'm glad you're safe and not one of the unlucky ones who have suffered at the hands of the floods. It looks very waterlogged from the photo!

    I'm thoroughly enjoying the module and also keen to get on with the critical reflection. I'm just not sure how to contain all the learning into 750 words, even with appendices!

    I can't believe Christmas is almost here!!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily - yes glad to hear about new jobs and work you have done being helpful. the drafting process takes a while - edit but also keep in the important points about your learning. Remember you can also add an appendix if you have further things to explain and a bibliography if you want to cite easily using Harvard referencing.

    ReplyDelete