Sunday 27 October 2013

another campus session catch up...

Sunday 27th October 2013

Having looked at Paula's blog and slideshow from the most recent campus session, I have decided to blog my thoughts and ideas from what I have read...

Immediately, she says to enjoy the Autumn. I certainly am, it's probably my favourite season (despite the current 80mph winds along Brighton seafront). The colours of Autumn are beautiful and I am starting to see some incredible hues around.. and leaves falling to the ground - or perhaps, being blown off their branches! The smell of bonfires and sounds of fireworks are yet to come but I enjoy the cooler air and having the chance to wrap up warm. It is an inspiring time of year with a lot to see and do.


(My own photograph from three years ago in Paris)

Now moving onto inquiry related things!... I feel I am at stage 3 - 'carry out inquiry and activities'. I am testing questions, reading and have been trying to connect with students this week. 

Literature and critical review
I like the idea of really thinking about what we are reading, analysing how it is said, meanings behind certain phrases and maybe question why we think the author may have used particular words or stated an opinion. I agree with Paula's exercise of 'reading aloud'. I feel reading something out makes you notice how things sounds or whether they are worded correctly and get the key points across. I shall try her idea of talking about my inquiry (whether it be to someone or myself) and write down key phrases I may use and any particular points that I feel essential for my critical review.
This shall all be my focus this week so that I am able to send Paula a couple of paragraphs of how I think my critical view will be. A draft let's say so that I get a feel for the writing and also can see if I am going along the correct path!

Artefact
I have been thinking over my artefact and I should like my audience to be current dance students, preferably those whom are at a vocational school. I have been thinking of producing a leaflet/booklet type with relevant information inside. I am an extremely arty person, and should love to be able to produce and image as an artefact but unfortunately, I don't think it would give sufficient information or tell the viewers all that I want to say.

Focus
My main focus at the moment is to keep gathering information and to then produce and send out final questions. I am able to review my findings so far but will also have a lot more to question and analyse in a few weeks time. I also need to focus on oral communication, I should love to try and Skype Paula at some stage soon (when we find a convenient time for us both). I find that talking allows you to get your thoughts flowing. The more you speak out to someone, the more you realise and ideas seem to all begin to fall into place.



Reference

http://paulanottingham.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/campus-session-2-for-module-3.html

Paula Nottingham, October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment