Saturday 16 March 2013

Ethics at work...

Saturday 16th March 2013

Task 5 asks us to consider the ethics within our working environments.. I have been thinking about it within my current work and of that within a dance environment too. The ideas I have considered are quite similar, despite the careers being so different. 

Firstly, without researching, my current work place asks us to deliver a good, professional manner at all times. Our aim is to put the customers first and do all that we can to do the best for them. As we deal with such secure information, we must always abide to the rules and regulations that come with the work. For example we must keep information confidential at all times and never leave any documents exposed for the public to see. As I am new to the job/role, I am learning more each day and it is evident that without my training and learning of knowledge for the work place, I would not know or be able to use their codes of practice. Still, I will always ask a more experienced member of staff for help and advice if I am unsure because they are trained at a higher level and more knowledgable. 

'Only ask what is necessary' and 'Protecting data' - these two statements stand out to me within my working environement. I would never want to ask a customer more than is necessary as they may not feel comfortable giving too much information away when it comes to their personal money. The same applies to protecting their data. As previously mentioned, we must keep information confidential, this way customers will know that all is protected and should hopefully gain and keep our trust. 

As for ethics within the dance world.. I feel that code of practice must include a healthy lifestyle. Without the correct fitness, nutrition, well-being and looking after your body, you would not be able to deliver what is expected from you. As from a training view, the same goes as it does within my own working place. As a dancer, you must undergo the correct training to be able to perform your job at your best. As I have been trained to give good customer service and to use certain systems, the same goes for learning how to use your body in a particular way. Some one who has not received this training would not be able to do the job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment